This Summer School will be held in the South African Province of KwaZulu Natal between the 4th and 11th of November 2018 and is jointly organized by a network of the following African and German partners:
- The Center for Development Research (ZEF), Bonn University,
- The Geography Department of the University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN),
- Wildlands Conservation Trust (WILDLANDS),
- The University of Zululand (UniZulu),
- The International Centre for Sustainable Development (IZNE) and
- The Global Nature Fund (GNF).
The concept of green and social entrepreneurship anchored in the principles of green and biodiversity-friendly economies is growing with the increasing ecological challenges faced in our more and more globalized world. ‘Social enviropreneurs` seek to provide solutions for environmental and social problems acting as societal agents of change while exploring and promoting innovative development pathways. The idea is to develop win-win-win innovations for creating social and financial value through inclusive and green growth while conserving biodiversity.
This summer school will explore different concepts and ideas concerning social and green entrepreneurship in theory and practice and critically discuss them with respect to their sustainability while providing a collaborative platform for a mutual sharing of experiences, ideas and approaches.